Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Rest Day

We oh so wanted to get on our bikes this morning and ride, but after 10 straight days of riding and a questionable Achilles, we thought it best to take a rest day. And with a hot springs 50 ft away, this wasn't a bad place to do it.

I must admit, we're a bit stir crazy. We both took 2 hr naps.  Doug did a little hike. We studied our maps.  And we lounged.

I also nursed my Achilles all day. Heat, ice, massage.  We will head out early tomorrow,  but if the Achilles gives me any pain at all, I'll pull the plug. It is what it is. Very disappointing. Doesn't hurt at all to walk, only when I pedal. I've done what I can. If it hurts tomorrow I will only risk further injury if I continue. 

3 comments:

  1. Where did your posts go ? I see you are moving, where is the documentary ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! I keep checking this, wondering if you are still going or if you had to stop or if you got eaten by a bear...you're killing me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ditto! Hope the Achilles is improved.

    ReplyDelete